If screen recording is enabled for both your Vonage Contact Center account is enabled to use Screen Recording(VCC) account and your individual account, you can record the screen or screens during calls for enabled agents. For more information about Screen Recording, see ContactPad with Screen Recording.
We support using screen recording only:When using the Screen
when using the Vonage CC Screen Recording desktop application in Windows or macOS.
The Screen Recording for Vonage CC extension in Google Chrome™ is now deprecated and will be retired in April 2022.
Screen recording must be enabled for individual agents. If you are not sure screen recording is enabled for you, contact your supervisor. For information about enabling screen recording for individual users, see How do I enable an agent user to record their screen? in Configuring individual users.
In this page
|Table of Contents|
Setting up Screen Recording for ContactPad
Recording your screen using the Vonage CC Screen Recording desktop application
To use Screen Recording with the desktop application, you must install and configure the Vonage CC Screen Recording app. Make sure you install the correct app for your operating system. When you have installed the app and logged in correctly, the application automatically records all screens during a call.
Checking the time on your computer
For screen recordings to work, you need to check the time settings on your computer. Check that your computer's clock is exactly the same as that on the World Clock, and not more than one second fast or slow. If it is fast or slow, you or your system administrator must turn on automatic time synchronization on your computer.
|If the time on your clock and the World Clock are not synchronized, the screen recording will not start at the start of the call.|
Installing the Vonage CC Screen Recording desktop application for Windows
To install Vonage CC Screen Recording app on Windows, perform the following steps:
- Download and double-click to open the Vonage SR app for Windows.
- If the security pop-up appears, choose the option to run the program anyway. The Vonage Screen Recording login screen appears.
- Go to Logging in to Vonage CC Screen Recording app.
Installing the Vonage CC Screen Recording desktop application for macOS
To install Vonage CC Screen Recording app on macOS, perform the following steps:
- Download the Vonage SR app for macOS.
- To install the app, double-click the downloaded .dmg file. In the dialog box that appears, drag Vonage Screen Recording Client into Applications.
- To allow the app to record your screen, add Vonage Screen Recording Client as a new screen recorder in Security & Privacy. For information, see macOS User Guide.
- To open the app, go to Applications and click Vonage Screen Recording Client. If a security pop up appears, click Open. The Vonage Screen Recording login screen appears.
- Go to Logging in to Vonage CC Screen Recording app.
Logging in to Vonage CC Screen Recording app
In the Vonage Screen Recording login screen, perform the following steps:
In Region, select the name of the region you are in.
Excerpt Include _ExcerptVCCRegions _ExcerptVCCRegions nopanel true
- Click Log in.
- If you are already logged in to your VCC account in this region, a Close your browser to continue message appears. Go to step 4.
- If you are not currently logged in to your VCC account in this region, the login screen for VCC appears. The screen appears in a new tab of an existing browser window, or in a new window in your default browser. The Screen Recording app window is hidden.
- Log in to VCC as normal with your credentials for the region you chose. A Close your browser to continue message appears in the tab or window, indicating that you have logged in successfully.
- When you install for the first time, you need to give the application permission to access four areas. If the following screen appears, click Yes, Allow.
- Close the tab or window.
Installation is complete. The Vonage CC Screen Recording app will work in the background and your screens will be recorded during your calls. You do not need to log in again after restarting the computer.
Recording your screen using the Screen Recording for Vonage CC extension
We support the extension in only the most recent version of Chrome for Windows and macOS.
To use Screen Recording with the Screen Recording for Vonage CC extension, you must add the extension to your Chrome browser. The extension can automatically record up to two screens for each agent during a call.
Click to add the extension to Chrome. If prompted, click to confirm that you want to add the extension.
Sharing your screen with the extension
To use the Screen Recording extension, you must firstly log in to ContactPad. Before you log in to ContactPad, or if you close the ContactPad window, the extension is unavailable to record.
1. Click the extension’s icon in Chrome’s address bar. The extension appears. If you are not logged in to ContactPad, the extension requests that you log in.
One or two screens?
3. In Share your entire screen, click the first screen you want to share and click Share Screen.
A Screen recording for Vonage CC is sharing your screen notification appears.
At the end of a call, recording finishes when your status changes to Ready. The recording is uploaded and appears in Interaction Content Search after Content after a few minutes. For information about accessing and viewing screen recordings, see Interaction Content.