Vonage Contact Center's Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system interacts with callers, gathers information, and routes calls to the appropriate recipient.
You can configure the IVR system to perform the following tasks:
- Provide a caller with information
- Ask a caller questions, possibly as part of a questionnaire
- Save caller responses in Vonage Contact Center
- Route calls according to information provided by the caller
- Send information to SMS or email recipients, or external CMS systems
Before you can use the IVR system, you must configure IVR slots in which to store collected IVR data. For information about configuring IVR slots, see IVR Data Collector. When you have configured IVR slots, you can use IVR applets to collected, store, and use IVR data. For information about IVR applets, see IVR applets.