Administrators can perform the bulk of day-to-day user administration in the VCC Admin Portal using User Admin. However, administrators need to use other areas of the platform to complete certain aspects of user configuration. This topic provides an overview of modules and areas where supervisors and agents can complete various user-related tasks. In general, the areas involved when performing comprehensive user administration are:
- User Admin—For creating and managing both agent and supervisor users.
- Real Time—No longer supported. Real Time will be removed on September 6th, 2021.
- User Access—For editing linked account permissions.
Administrators can click the respective menu items to access the above sections in the VCC Admin Portal. The following sections describe the differences between the areas and specific user administration features they offer.
for performing most of the user administration related tasks. users—both agent and supervisor—and assign them to skills, groups, and schedules. This section provides a brief overview of the area; for detailed information, see User Admin.
In the User Admin area, administrators can:
- Define group names
- Add users to a group
- Delete groups
- Define skill names
- Assign users to a skill
- Delete skills
- Define names, select actions, and rules for schedules
- Assign users to schedules
- Delete schedules
- Manage skills that an agent, or supervisor user acting as an agent, has
- Manage groups that an agent, or supervisor user acting as an agent, is in
- Manage the percentage of capacity used by different types of interaction for an agent, or a supervisor acting as an agent
Define which groups of users, queues, lines, and so on, a supervisor user has access, or read or edit permissions, to
No longer supported. Real Time will be removed on September 6th, 2021.
In Real Time, administrators can:
The following are the main features differentiating User Access from User Admin For more information, see Configuring user access.