What is the Agents API?
Vonage Contact Center's Agents API enables you to manage agents’ presences. Depending on your role in VCC, you can perform different tasks:
- Agents can get and set their own presences
- Supervisor users can get and set the presences of agents who belong to groups that they have access to
- Admin users can get and set all agents’ presences
Who is the Agents API for?
The Agents API is for:
- Individual agents. Agents can view and edit their own presence
- Supervisors. Supervisors can view and edit presences of agents who:
- Are their children
- Belong to groups that the supervisor has access to
User-level API credentials are required to use this API. User-level credentials are linked to an active user and enforce their permissions while using the available endpoints.